Spread the cost of a purchase over $300 into 6,12, or 18 easy monthly payments.
Just select Affirm at checkout. 0-30% APR (where applicable and subject to provincial regulatory limitations). Subject to eligibility check and approval. A down payment may be required. See actual terms at checkout.
Are there requirements to use Affirm?
Yes. You'll need:
- To be the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside
- To be a resident of Canada
- A Canadian bank account or Visa/Mastercard debit card (Your debit card must have the Visa or Mastercard logo). Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
- An SMS-capable Canadian phone number and an email address
- To meet the minimum cart size required to use Affirm as a payment option at checkout
How does Affirm work?
Affirm (formerly known as PayBright) is one of Canada’s leading installment payment providers. When you use Affirm to pay at IJL’s checkout, you can split your purchase into easy, automatic monthly payments. To use Affirm as your preferred payment choice at checkout:
- Add items to your shopping cart as usual, and select Affirm as your payment method at checkout for orders between $300 and $15,000 (including taxes and shipping).
- Get set up: Use your mobile phone number and email to set up your Affirm plan within 60 seconds. Subject to credit approval.
- Confirm your payment plan with Affirm. IJL will process and ship your order as usual.
- Make 6, 12, or 18 monthly payments to Affirm while you enjoy your purchase.
How do I sign up?
If your basket is eligible for monthly payments with Affirm, the option will be presented at checkout. After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to confirm your identity. You’ll then enter a few details for an instant decision. If you’re approved, you will have the option to set up your repayment method with Affirm and accept the terms of your payment plan.
Does Affirm do a credit check?
To learn more about Affirm and credit checks, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help site.
What is Affirm's interest rate?
For more information on interest or fees, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help site.
I was not able to complete an Affirm transaction. What happened?
Unfortunately, Affirm is not able to provide payment plans to every applicant. This could be due to the information on your credit file, or because Affirm was not able to verify your identity or your payment method.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Affirm currently accepts pre-authorized debits from your Canadian bank account or a debit card. Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected. Please note that prepaid cards are not accepted.
How can I track my payments and access my Affirm account?
To view your account information and track upcoming payments, please login to the Affirm Customer Portal using the phone number you used to sign up with. Having trouble? Please get in touch with the Affirm team.
What if I can’t make a payment?
Please reach out to the Affirm team and they will be happy to look into the options available. You can contact them using this contact form.
Are there late or NSF fees?
Affirm does not charge any late or NSF fees. For more information on fees, please see this FAQ article on the Affirm help site.
How do returns work if I paid using Affirm?
Purchases made using Affirm are subject to IJL’s standard return policy. Any returns will be processed by IJL, and your Affirm balance will be reduced, cancelled, or refunded accordingly. If IJL has provided a refund to you via a gift card, you must still continue repaying your installment plan in full. For information on returns, review IJL’s return policy here.