All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
- Model CaseOyster, 40 mm, Everose gold
- BezelFixed, with engraved tachymetric scale, in 18 ct Everose gold
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical chronograph, self-winding
- Calibre4130, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- BraceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- DialSundust set with diamonds
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- DetailsDial with snailed small counters
- ClaspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Bracelet Material18 ct Everose gold
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- Material18 ct Everose gold
- Diameter40 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
The sunray finish creates delicate light reflections on many dials in the Oyster Perpetual collection. It is obtained using masterful brushing techniques that create grooves running outwards from the centre of the dial. Light is diffused consistently along each engraving, creating a characteristic subtle glow that moves depending on the position of the wrist. Once the sunray finish has been completed, the dial colour is applied using Physical Vapour Deposition or electroplating. A light coat of varnish gives the dial its final look.
The tachymetric scale
With its tachymetric scale, its three counters and its pushers, the Cosmograph Daytona was designed to be the ultimate timing tool for endurance racing drivers. The bezel features a tachymetric scale to read average speed over a given distance based on elapsed time. This scale offers optimal legibility, making the Cosmograph Daytona the ideal instrument for measuring speeds up to 400 units per hour, expressed in kilometres or miles.
18 ct Everose gold
To preserve the beauty of its pink gold watches, Rolex created and patented an exclusive 18 ct pink gold alloy cast in its own foundry: Everose gold. Introduced in 2005, 18 ct Everose is used on all Rolex Oyster models in pink gold.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR COSMOGRAPH DAYTONA
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona is designed for those with a passion for driving and speed. Learn more about its features and how to set the time and use the chronograph functions by watching the video.
Launched in 1963, the Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona was designed to meet the needs of profession-al racing drivers. The Cosmograph Daytona is the benchmark for those with a passion for driving and speed. It is available in a variety of versions and materials, including with a dial made from metallic meteorite – a rare natural material from outer space – with black chronograph counters at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.