All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
Oyster, 40 mm, platinum
Price on request
Oyster, 40 mm, platinum
Price on request
- Model CaseOyster, 40 mm, platinum
- BezelChestnut brown monobloc Cerachrom in ceramic with moulded numerals and graduations
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical chronograph, self-winding
- Calibre4130, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 72 hours
- BraceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- DialIce blue
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- DetailsDial with snailed small counters
- ClaspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Bracelet MaterialPlatinum
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- Diameter40 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
Ice Blue Dial
The ice blue dial is the discreet and exclusive signature of a Rolex platinum watch. Rolex uses platinum, the noblest of metal, for the finest of watches. These exclusive dials can be found only on the Day-Date and the Cosmograph Daytona.
The tachymetric scale
A key part of the model’s identity is the bezel moulded with a tachymetric scale for measuring average speeds of up to 400 miles or kilometres per hour. The monobloc Cerachrom bezel in high-tech ceramic offers a number of advantages: it is corrosion resistant, virtually scratchproof and the colour is unaffected by UV rays. This extremely durable bezel also offers an exceptionally legible tachymetric scale, thanks to the deposition of a thin layer of platinum in the numerals and graduation via a PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) process. The monobloc Cerachrom bezel is made in a single piece and holds the crystal firmly in place on the middle case, ensuring waterproofness.
Rare and precious, platinum is striking for its silvery whiteness and vibrant luminosity. It is among the densest and heaviest metals in the world, distinguished by unique chemical and physical properties such as exceptional corrosion resistance. Paradoxically, it is also soft, elastic and highly malleable, which makes machining and polishing especially difficult, demanding an extremely high degree of skill. Rolex always uses 950 platinum, an alloy consisting of 950‰ (thousandths) platinum, painstakingly crafted in-house by the fine metalworkers at Rolex. The noblest of metals for the finest of watches.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR COSMOGRAPH DAYTONA
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona is designed for those with a passion for driving and speed. Learn more about its features and how to set the time and use the chronograph functions by watching the video.
Launched in 1963, the Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona was designed to meet the needs of professional racing drivers. This year, Rolex presents exclusive versions of its Cosmograph Daytona, the benchmark for those with a passion for driving and speed. They feature a dial made from metallic meteorite – a rare natural material from outer space – with black chronograph counters at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.