All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
Oyster, 36 mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold
Price $14,100.00 CAD
- Model CaseOyster, 36 mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- Calibre3235, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- BraceletJubilee, five-piece links
- DialGolden, fluted motif
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- DetailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- ClaspFolding Oysterclasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Bracelet MaterialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and 18 ct yellow gold
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- MaterialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and 18 ct yellow gold
- Diameter36 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- EscapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
The dial is the distinctive face of a Rolex watch, the feature most responsible for its identity and readability. Characterised by hour markers fashioned from 18 ct gold to prevent tarnishing, every Rolex dial is designed and manufactured in-house, largely by hand to ensure perfection.
The Fluted Bezel
The Rolex fluted bezel is a mark of distinction. Originally, the fluting of the Oyster bezel had a functional purpose: it served to screw the bezel onto the case helping to ensure the waterproofness of the watch. It was therefore identical to the fluting on the case back, which was also screwed onto the case for waterproofness, using specific Rolex tools. Over time, the fluting became an aesthetic element, a genuine Rolex signature feature. Today the fluted bezel is a mark of distinction, always in gold.
Gold is coveted for its lustre and nobility. Steel reinforces strength and reliability. Together, they harmoniously combine the best of their properties. A true Rolex signature, Rolesor has featured on Rolex models since the early 1930s, and was trademarked as a name in 1933. It is one of the prominent pillars of the Oyster collection.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The Oyster Perpetual Datejust is the archetype of the classic watch thanks to functions and aesthetics that never go out of fashion. This year, Rolex presents the Datejust 36 featuring new 'palm' and 'fluted' dial motifs. The palm motif evokes lush, vibrant tropical forests, while the fluted motif showcases the pattern found on a range of Rolex bezels that has become one of the brand’s signature aesthetic styles.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.