All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
- Model CaseOyster, 36 mm, platinum
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- Calibre3255, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- BraceletPresident, semi-circular three-piece links
- DialIce blue
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- ClaspConcealed folding Crownclasp
- Bracelet MaterialPlatinum
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Diameter36 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
The ice-blue dial is the discreet and exclusive signature of a Rolex platinum watch. Rolex uses platinum, the noblest of metals, for the finest of watches. These exclusive dials can be found only on the Day-Date and the Cosmograph Daytona.
The Fluted Bezel
The Rolex fluted bezel is a mark of distinction. Originally, the fluting of the Oyster bezel had a functional purpose: it served to screw the bezel onto the case helping to ensure the waterproofness of the watch. It was therefore identical to the fluting on the case back, which was also screwed onto the case for waterproofness, using specific Rolex tools. Over time, the fluting became an aesthetic element, a genuine Rolex signature feature. Today the fluted bezel is a mark of distinction, in platinum on this Day-Date 36.
Rare and precious, platinum is striking for its silvery whiteness and vibrant luminosity. It is among the densest and heaviest metals in the world, distinguished by unique chemical and physical properties such as exceptional corrosion resistance. Paradoxically, it is also soft, elastic and highly malleable, which makes machining and polishing especially difficult, demanding an extremely high degree of skill. Rolex always uses 950 platinum, an alloy consisting of 950‰ (thousandths) platinum, painstakingly crafted in-house by the fine metalworkers at Rolex. The noblest of metals for the finest of watches.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The Day-Date has always epitomized prestige and innovation. Exclusively made from precious metals, it was the first calendar wristwatch to indicate, in addition to the date, the day of the week spelt out in full in a window on the dial. Rolex is releasing the Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 in 950 platinum – easily recognizable thanks to its ice-blue dial – with a fluted bezel for the first time. A cornerstone of Rolex’s aes-thetic heritage, this striking component, which is found only on some Classic models in the Oys-ter Perpetual collection and until now has only been made in 18 ct gold, now exists in the most prestigious metal available.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.