All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
- Model CaseOyster, 36 mm, Oystersteel and yellow gold
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- Calibre3230, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- BraceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalScratch-resistant sapphire
- DetailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- ClaspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Bracelet MaterialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and 18 ct yellow gold
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- MaterialYellow Rolesor - combination of Oystersteel and 18 ct yellow gold
- Diameter36 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- EscapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
The dial is the distinctive face of a Rolex watch, the feature most responsible for its identity and readability. The latest Explorer model’s characteristic 3, 6 and 9 numerals are now filled with a luminescent material emitting a long-lasting blue glow, like the hour markers and hands. Like all Rolex timepieces, the Explorer's dial is designed and manufactured in-house, largely by hand to ensure perfection.
The Oyster Perpetual Explorer imparts a fresh elan to the sober, clean lines that have long established it as an icon. The smooth bezel in 18 ct yellow gold is robust yet elegant, and in perfect harmony with the Explorer’s iconic heritage.
Gold is coveted for its lustre and nobility. Steel reinforces strength and reliability. Together, they harmoniously combine the best of their properties. A true Rolex signature, Rolesor has featured on Rolex models since the early 1930s, and was trademarked as a name in 1933. It is one of the prominent pillars of the Oyster collection.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR EXPLORER
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Explorer is the essential watch for exploration. Learn more about its features and how to set the time by watching the video.
The Explorer models embody the privileged relationship that has always bound Rolex and exploration. Since the late 1920s, Rolex has been using the world as a proving ground to test its watches under real-life conditions, in the quest for greater precision, robustness and reliability.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.