All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
- Model CaseOyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical , self-winding , with a magnetic shield to protect the movement
- Calibre3131, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 48 hours
- BraceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalGreen sapphire, scratch-resistant
- DetailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- ClaspFolding Oysterclasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Bracelet MaterialOystersteel
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Diameter40 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
Green sapphire crystal
The green sapphire crystal is a unique watch crystal developed by Rolex, it is scratchproof, fade-proof and available exclusively on the Milgauss. Its light green shade, tinted throughout the entire crystal, turns nearly luminescent at the bevelled edges. The result of a secret process that required years of development to master and takes weeks to produce.
Green sapphire crystal marked a first in watchmaking when it was introduced on the Milgauss in 2007. Now this crystal is combined with an electric blue dial, an allusion to the emblematic lightning-bolt-shaped seconds hand.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
The Oyster Perpetual Milgauss is a pioneering anti-magnetic watch designed to meet the demands of engineers and scientists. Created in 1956, it can withstand magnetic fields of up to 1,000 gauss. Hence its name, “mille”, which is French for one thousand. The first watch of its kind, the Milgauss highlights the historic links between Rolex and scientific research.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.