All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
- Model CaseOyster, 42 mm, Oystersteel
- BezelFixed, 24-hour graduated
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding, GMT function
- Calibre3285, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- BraceletOyster, flat three-piece links
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- DetailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- ClaspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Bracelet MaterialOystersteel
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Diameter42 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- EscapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
The Explorer II is equipped with an additional 24-hour display; a dedicated hand circles the dial in 24 hours rather than the usual 12, pointing to a fixed bezel with 24 hour graduations. This function enables the wearer to distinguish the hours of the day from the hours of the night, an essential feature for those who venture into environments where darkness reigns supreme – such as in the depths of caves, or where the sun never sets – like the polar regions in summer.
The Explorer II features a date display, an additional orange 24-hour hand and a fixed bezel with 24-hour graduations, enabling day to be distinguished from night. It became the watch of choice for speleologists, volcanologists and polar explorers. Its hour markers and hands feature a highly-legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR EXPLORER II
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Explorer II is the ideal watch for the far corners of the globe. Learn more about its features and how to set the date, two time zones or the time in a 24-hour format by watching the video.
The Explorer models embody the privileged relationship that has always bound Rolex and exploration. Since the late 1920s, Rolex has been using the world as a proving ground to test its watches under real-life conditions, in the quest for greater precision, robustness and reliability.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.