All prices are Rolex's suggested retail prices before applicable taxes. Rolex reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.
- Model CaseOyster, 40 mm, Oystersteel
- BezelBidirectional rotatable 24-hour graduated bezel. Two-colour red and blue Cerachrom insert in ceramic, moulded numerals and graduations
- Water-ResistanceWaterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- MovementPerpetual, mechanical, self-winding, GMT function
- Calibre3285, Manufacture Rolex
- Power ReserveApproximately 70 hours
- BraceletJubilee, five-piece links
- CertificationSuperlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
- CrystalScratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- DetailsHighly legible Chromalight display with long-lasting blue luminescence
- ClaspFolding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Bracelet MaterialOystersteel
- WindingBidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- OscillatorParamagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Precision-2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Winding CrownScrew-down, Triplock triple waterproofness system
- Diameter40 mm
- Oyster ArchitectureMonobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- EscapementChronergy with optimized energy efficiency
24-Hour Rotatable Bezel
In addition to conventional hour, minute and seconds hands, the GMT-Master II features an arrow-tipped hand, which circles the dial once every 24 hours, as well as a bidirectional rotatable 24-hour graduated bezel. The distinctively coloured 24-hour hand displays the “home” reference time in a first time zone which can be read on the graduations on the bezel. The traveller’s local time is easily set by “jumping” from hour to hour, thanks to an ingenious mechanism operated via the winding crown: the hour hand can be adjusted forwards or backwards independently of the minute and seconds hands. This allows travellers to adapt to their new time zone without affecting the precision of their timekeeping.
Like all Rolex Professional watches, the GMT-Master II offers exceptional legibility in all circumstances, and especially in the dark, thanks to its Chromalight display. The broad hands and hour markers in simple shapes – triangles, circles, rectangles – are filled with a luminescent material emitting a long-lasting glow.
Rolex uses Oystersteel for its steel watch cases. Specially developed by the brand, Oystersteel belongs to the 904L steel family, alloys most commonly used in high-technology and in the aerospace and chemical industries, where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Oystersteel is extremely resistant, offers an exceptional finish once polished and maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments.
All Rolex watches are assembled by hand with the utmost care to ensure exceptional quality. Such high standards naturally restrict Rolex production capacity and, at times, the demand for Rolex watches outpaces this capacity.
Therefore, the availability of certain models may be limited. New Rolex watches are exclusively sold by Official Rolex Retailers, who receive regular deliveries and independently manage the allocation and sales of watches to customers.
Independent Jewellers is proud to be part of the worldwide network of Official Rolex Retailers and can provide information on the availability of Rolex watches.
HOW TO SET YOUR GMT-MASTER II
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual GMT-Master II is an ideal watch for criss-crossing the globe. Learn more about its features and how to set the date and two time zones by watching the video.
Designed to show the time in two different time zones simultaneously, the GMT-Master, launched in 1955, was originally developed as a navigation instrument for professionals crisscrossing the globe. Heir to the original model, the Oyster Perpetual GMT-Master II was unveiled in 1982, with a new movement ensuring ease of use. Its combination of peerless functionality, robustness and instantly recognizable aesthetics has attracted a wider audience of world travellers.
Performance and prestige
Please specify your preferred mode of contact and we will respond as quickly as possible.